
It's been awhile since I updated, but I wanted to put some new pictures up. Miller is doing great! He got the breathing tube taken out of his throat, and how he just has some oxygen support through his nose. As of today, it was on the lowest setting, and we're thinking they'll probably take it out and he'll be breathing completely on his own today or tomorrow. Yay!

He also is able to eat enough to where he doesn't need IV nutrition anymore, so they've taken his IV line out (you can see it in the first picture on his head). This makes it much easier for us to pick him up and hold him. He's almost a wireless baby.

Now that he's feeling a little better, he's also able to take a bottle. He gets pretty sleepy when he's doing it, but he's really good at sucking it down. Learning to eat normally is probably going to be the last thing he'll need to master in order to leave the hospital, so hopefully he'll continue to do well with his feeding.

Overall, he's a much happier and healthier baby than he was just a few days ago, and we're really hoping that he'll be home in the very near future. It's always hard to say with a premature baby, because they all progress differently. With all the progress he's made in the last few days, though, we are feeling really good that he'll be home soon.
4 comments:
What adorable pictures - he's so handsome :) I'm so glad to hear that he's doing so well!
So glad to hear...he'll be home in no time!!!
Robin and Mike, I'm so happy for you that Miller is progressing so well! This is such good news! I love the pictures of ya'll holding him and feeding him. What sweet memories. Praying for continued progress and that he gets home SOON!!
He's adorable and I cannnot wait to hold him! Give him kisses from me.
Post a Comment